Pioneer 530H VHS to DVD

T

tj hooker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, new to this but after reading some of the posts, i think i may get a result.

I have a Pioneer dvr530h...its brilliant but i cant get it to record VHS tapes (just family ones) to the HDD to then burn to DVD. im sure its a case of connecting things incorrectly...can you help ?

I dont usually use the VCR so its not part of the set up, ill bring it in specifically to do this ....can it connect without switching everything else around (TV, Sky, DVD)

Your comments will be appreciated

HHGTTG

tj hooker said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, new to this but after reading some of the posts, i think i may get a result.

I have a Pioneer dvr530h...its brilliant but i cant get it to record VHS tapes (just family ones) to the HDD to then burn to DVD. im sure its a case of connecting things incorrectly...can you help ?

I dont usually use the VCR so its not part of the set up, ill bring it in specifically to do this ....can it connect without switching everything else around (TV, Sky, DVD)

Your comments will be appreciated

Initially, I plugged my VCR into my DVR 530H via the AV2/L1 input. I then pressed 'Play' on the VCR and obviously 'Record' on the DVD recorder.

Nowadays, now that I've transferred all my VHS tapes, I have still got my VCR 'powered up', so to speak as it is useful to record via its RF aerial if I'm using the DVD recorder to record something else that conflicts with my real time viewing and there being still something else that I want to record on another channel!

However I now take the VCR's output to the DVD recorder's L3 input for which purpose I bought from Maplin a Scart>composite video (2 way) lead.
If I should want to set the VCR's timer etc. or watch a recording made on the VCR then I have to turn on the DVD recorder and select L3 to watch the VCR's output.

I have to do this, as I haven't any spare Scart sockets on my TV. I suppose I could buy a Scart switchover box but frankly can't be bothered as it's not often that I use the VCR now, anyway. While it still works I'll use it as and when necessary!!

:D

PhilipL

Hi

Your best bet is to get a SCART to Phono lead (assuming non S-VHS), then just plug the VCR to the front inputs when you need to record from VHS without having to mess with your other connections.

To get the VCR to appear select L2 on the DVD Recorder (using Input Select on the remote) which is the front connections.

An example of what you need is here, although you can expect to pay a lot more for this sort of thing at Curry's or Dixons who will rip you off.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35904&criteria=Scart&doy=28m2

Also your VCR may have a Yellow and White (red as well if stereo) video/audio phono out as well as the SCART plug on the back, if so you can simply use the wires bundled with the recorder.

Regards

Phil

T

tj hooker

to HH...for making it simple and easy...its working ok

to Phil for his advice which will make the task easier in future

tj

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom