1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 530H - Setup Questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mike_R, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Mike_R

Mike_R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought the Pioneer 530 and all seems OK apart from a couple of concerns. First, while setting it up and generally testing out some of the features there have been a couple of occasions when it seemed to lock up, nothing responded short of unplugging it at the mains. Does anyone have any experience of this, is this a known problem? Second, it has gone through the motions of downloading the EPG information a few times but no information seems to have been downloaded. I'm connected to a terrestrial aerial and have definitely left it in standby. How long should the initial download take? Thanks for any advice.

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Been using my 530 very heavily since last week. Transfering a lot of VHS stuff virtually round the clock.

Not had the locking up experience I'm pleased to say. That sounds dodgy. I'd check with Pioneer's technical support on that - they're very helpful.

As to the EPG not downloading, have you checked that one of your channel settings in the EPG is set to ITV terrestrial (not ITV digital)? I set my EPG ITV option to the digibox channel, then picked a channel from the EPG that I didn't use and set that to ITV terrestrial just to pick up the EPG feed. Also EPG downloads mainly between 3 and 5am.