Pioneer 530H-S problems

P

pacebes

I have bought a DVD recorder last week. I have chosen the Pioneer 530H-S model for some reasons:

+ I have a Pioneer DVD 525 player with some VCD, SVCD and I thought I would have guaranteed the compatibility choosing another Pioner product
+ I have read in many forums that's one of the best DVD recorders

But I have got some problems:
+ At least half of my VCD and SVCD doesn't work with the 530H-S model (although they worked with the 525 model)
+ I get pixelation when playing some DVDs created by myself (no problems with the DVD-525 model). I only have that problems in DVDs with a lot of compressiong (about 4 hours in a Single-layer DVD-R), but I didn't have any problem with the old model.

I thout new model would be full compatible with the old ones...

So, I don't know if these problems are common to 530H-S model or it's only a problem of my unit and I should change it by other one of the same model.

Is there any hint about this?, Any fix?
Can be a laser problem??

I have not Idea about what I should do

Thanks in advance

PhilipL

Hi

I have bought a DVD recorder last week. I have chosen the Pioneer 530H-S model for some reasons:

+ I have a Pioneer DVD 525 player with some VCD, SVCD and I thought I would have guaranteed the compatibility choosing another Pioner product
+ I have read in many forums that's one of the best DVD recorders

But I have got some problems:
+ At least half of my VCD and SVCD doesn't work with the 530H-S model (although they worked with the 525 model)
+ I get pixelation when playing some DVDs created by myself (no problems with the DVD-525 model). I only have that problems in DVDs with a lot of compressiong (about 4 hours in a Single-layer DVD-R), but I didn't have any problem with the old model.
Home made VCD/SVCDs are not necessarily to the correct spec and you DVD player may just be more forgiving of this.

So, I don't know if these problems are common to 530H-S model or it's only a problem of my unit and I should change it by other one of the same model.
I doubt this is a fault with your unit. Why not try contacting Pioneer to see if they have a firmware update or know of any particular problems? If the unit is very new you could try taking it back as being faulty, although they may be quite correct in saying the unit isn't faulty and blame your VCD/SVCDs, unless the problem occurs with bought VCDs.

Regards

Phil

P

pacebes

I doubt this is a fault with your unit. Why not try contacting Pioneer to see if they have a firmware update or know of any particular problems?
=======

I have contacted with Pioneer and there isn't any firmware update.

I have found one of the causes of the problem...

If I burn a VCD as a SVCD I have problems in DVDR 530H-S, but It works fine in the DVD 525....

PhilipL

Hi

If I burn a VCD as a SVCD I have problems in DVDR 530H-S, but It works fine in the DVD 525..
There is your problem then, creating a VCD as a SVCD. A VCD should be created as a VCD and an SVCD should be an SVCD. The recorder is not as forgiving as the player.

Regards

Phil

P

pacebes

There is your problem then, creating a VCD as a SVCD. A VCD should be created as a VCD and an SVCD should be an SVCD. The recorder is not as forgiving as the player.
================

I think this is the question...

I have found that the other problem (Pixelation) also happens in other DVDs like Sony or JVC.

So... the Pioneer DVD 525 plays DVDs an VCD/SVCD much better than the Pioneer DVDR 530H-S....

That mean's not compatibility with older models... That also means that I should re-record a lot of VCD, SVCDs and DVDs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom