Pioneer 530H & Guide+

andymboyle

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

A couple of days ago my Guide+ refused to update constantly telling me listings were out of date. After a bit of research I see Guide+ are discontinuing the use of ITV1 as the host channel. I don't use Sky but a Sony set top box so there is no way for me to get the Guide+ from Eurosport.

As far as I can see my 530H is now obsolete after many years of great service. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Andy

Hello,

I've got the 530 as well, am afraid I can't offer a solution though, I
am without the Guide also.

Is a shame because as a piece of hardware it's pretty
flawless, only use it's jukebox facility now as it is crammed
full of albums!

Sorry I can't be of more help:(

As confirmed by Pioneer

Hi.

Thank you for your email enquiry.

What you have been informed is correct in that the official date is the 31.12.2010 for analogue Guide+ information termination.

That said it seems that certain areas of the country have already terminated the signal as we have customers calling in from various regions of the U.K experiencing the same issue.

Regrettably this will render the Guide+ function unoperable on this unit if it solely reliant on the analogue signal coming from an antenna connection.

If you are using an external satellite receiver then it maybe possible to receive the Guide+ information using the supplied G-link cable that would have come supplied with the 530. Please see page 16 of the user manual for more information on this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom