1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 530H + EPG Downloads Failing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andyboyle, Aug 13, 2005.

1. andyboyle

andyboyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

After a week of flawless use with the 530H I have now come across something strange. I noticed that a lot of the programme information in the EPG were missing and across the top a message telling me that nothing had been downloaded EPG wise and that I should leave my 530 in standby overnight.

In the Guideplus information screen there is never a Last Download entry but always a Next Download (which is Saturday at 13:58) and the machine is always on standby when it is ready to update.

This has been working fine all week so any ideas what is going on. I bought a new Freeview box (the Sony) and initially thought it was a problem with the RF loop through so I connected the Pioneer directly to the aerial (the Sony is quite happy with this) but to no avail.

What is the number for Pioneer technical support if anyone has it please

Thank you

Andy

2. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    almost certainly that the box can't find the 'host' channel automatically (mine can't) - tune it to the host channel 'manually' before you put it in standby

3. andyboyle

andyboyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this using the Editor in Guide+, I used a channel I will never ever watch and told it to use ITV???

Thanks for your help