1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 530 vs sony 510 to use with sony tv

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by barneypops, Aug 24, 2005.

1. barneypops

barneypops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok guys n gals.

trying to decide which one to buy, i have a sony tv with inbuilt digi tuner so dont think i am too bothered about waiting for a digital tuner model. which one of these models would link up well with the tv so that i can record off freeview.
    I have leanings towards the pioneer as i have a dvd player at the mo which has been great, just looking to replace as the main dvd player (will eventually sell the player) so dvd playback quality is very important.i also like the mp3 jukebox idea. how does the guideplus link with the tv?

thanks

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I use a Pioneer 420 with a Sony TV. It's fine. Recording and playback both in RGB (using a Freeview tuner).
    I like Sony stuff, but in can be a bit quirky at times.
    You won't be able to use GuidePlus with the TV* and you won't be able to watch one digital channel and record another. But if your TV has digital and analogue tuners you should be able to watch analogue and record digital. To record analogue you'd just use the tuner in the recorder.

* I think there could be a way but it would take control of the TV - another post mentioned it. Best way is to buy a cheap GuidePlus compatible Freeview box just for use with the recorder.