Pioneer 530 - recording using Guide Plus

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by thickorwhat, Oct 12, 2005.

1. thickorwhat

thickorwhat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

I have had this recorder for a couple of months now and am really happy with it and slowly learning all of the functions. However I encountered a problem last night when I went to watch some programmes I recorded via guideplus. I checked that the programmes had recorded via the disc navigator and yes all the info was there - title, date etc however when I went to watch one I had a blank screen showing BBC4 at 6am when I wanted to record from another chanel at 6am. :( The next programme set for 7am recorded properly on the correct chanel (which incidentially was the same one I wanted for the first recording).
    When I went on holiday I set it to record various programmes on different chanels over a week and they were all perfect.
    I could set the personal planner on Sky I suppose but I have never had to do that before.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what went wrong? :confused:
    Thanks in advance

2. Phantom Phixer

Phantom Phixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I assume from your post that were recording from Sky. Was your Sky box in standby or on before the first recording? I often record from a freeview box and have found that if the box is in standby the recorder will turn it on and may select the correct channel but this is not reliable. If the freeview box is on the channel is selected ok. I have not recorded from Sky as I have Sky+ and I record with that and transfer them later, but I expect a similar situation exists. While the box is coming online it misses the channel change instruction.

3. merlynn

merlynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This Link may be relevant ??

4. Phantom Phixer

Phantom Phixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't get that problem.

5. merlynn

merlynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My point is if the recorder is put into standby while L1 is selected the G link does not send a signal to change the box when the timer starts this may or may not also happen with any external box such as a Sky box

6. Phantom Phixer

Phantom Phixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As I said I don't get this problem. My 530 always has L1 selected. It always starts up and changes the channel on my freeview box 2 minutes before starting recording.

7. HHGTTG

HHGTTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Out of interest, which make of Freeview box do you have?

If I buy the Pioneer, my, otherwise excellent (reliable) Matsui DTR1 may not be recognised by the Guidplus system?

8. imagineers

imagineers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check this out

http://www.europe.guideplus.com/En/help/supextrec.html

9. Phantom Phixer

Phantom Phixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Pioneer DBF-100 freeview box.

10. merlynn

merlynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the fact that you are using a Pioneer freeview box is why you have not experienced the problem, I can only mention the problems i have had with my Panasonic Tuct30 freeview box in case it may help others who have a similar problem ??

11. Lee G Williams

Lee G Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any recording problems with my 530 wired up to my sony freeview box ( which incidentally has in my experience 'bomb-proof software) I do have a problem with the Guide-plus though, the recently added station 'more 4' has not appeared yet despite several downloads since it first aired, anyone else got this problem? :confused: