1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 530 Problem!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pinnen, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Pinnen

Pinnen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am having a problem with my Pioneer 530 player.

It refuses to play any DVD's or CD's for a while. When I have been pressing Open/Close almost 30 times it starts working. It also seems to work if I just move the disc in different directions.

I know it spins the disc. I can both hear it and I see that it has moved the disc. It figures out that it is a DVD or CD. When it is a DVD it says MENU, buty no picture comes up. It is getting worse every day.

The wierd thing is that when I have gotten it to play the DVD then there is no problem switching to another movie.

The store says there is dirt on the lens, but I think the laser is starting to quit on me.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks.

2. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I imagine that your player is still under gurantee , I would just take it back to your dealer again and ask them to fix it. If you try to fix the problem the dealer may refuse to help later.
    Good luck. :)