1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 525 replacement needed WTB?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CatManDo, Sep 19, 2005.

1. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Hi guys,

My old trusty pioneer 525 is dying! I currently have a Sony DVP-NS355 as a standby, but its not great and is not multiregional.

I am running the Keff Eggs with a Sherwood 6095 amp (that I will eventually replace with a Denon 2805).

Any DVD player recommendations? I only need RGB scart with Coaxial digital sound output. Do you think another pioneer or perhaps a Denon? Need multiregional and perhaps a second scart would be handy so that I can occassionaly output to a projector without taking the TV scart out.

Any advice appreciated.

TIA

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I replaced my 525 with the Pioneer 575 but I do use the component. However my brother also has the 575 and uses scart and he is very impressed...PJ :)

PS no 2nd SCART, but most PJs have component anyway...

3. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Thanks for the reply.

RS are doing the Pioneer 575 for £99.99 is that a bargain?
    Might have to invest!

4. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It's the veritable bargain of the century!

I just picked one of these beauties up on the weekend, and am extremely impressed with it's PQ.

I haven't got any SACDs or DVD-A discs to try out in it, but it's regular DVD playback is astonishing.

When you factor in the fact that there are hacked firmwares available that add features like 50-char filebrowser display, FBI warning removal, region-choice, user-selectable fonts for DivX playback, and Blacker Than Black capability, then it becomes even more of a steal!