Pioneer 520 VS Tosh X32

V

videouser

I orig thought of getting the Panny E85 but ruled that one out because of the RAM and only R-, as i frequently use a 2nd DVD player for watching daily stuff Rw- is probably a must!.

I am thinking of going the Pioneer 520 route as it supports RW-/-R which would be more useful. I know the Tosh X32 is probably a better machine, but I have been put off by the various posts regarding - tech failures with this machine!.(is this so!)

If I go the Pioneer 520 route can I edit RW- on my PC? Will this need to be re-encoded ? and are there any compatibility probs playing RW- in other players / PCs (as long as the disks are finalised and :confused: not Cheap!).

Please let me know if I am missing anything from Tosh X32, would the Ram have any advantages? (although the main one is compatibility!!!)

Thanks,

The Toshiba RDXS32 is a multi-format machine: it supports DVD-RAM, DVD-R and DVD-RW. So if your looking at the Pioneer solely because of the -RW issue you'd be well advised to look at the Toshiba as well. Side by side the Toshiba is the better recorder (more picture control, DVD aiuthoring options) and better featured (component, progressive scan). That's not to say the Pioneer is bad - just the Toshiba is somewhat better.

With either machine you will be able to edit on the machine and the copy to DVD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RAM and author/further edit on your PC. At the risk of sounding arrogant my PC GUIDE thread is quite a good place to start (direct link in the FAQ sticky at the top of the forum!).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom