Pioneer 520 Audio Distorting

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Oasis-GasPanic, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've had this (my first) DVD/HDD recorder for about 2 weeks and am very happy with it except for one issue. All the programs I burn out seem to have poor audio quality and distort when I play them back at even a medium/loud level??? :confused: The source of all recordings is a pace sky digi box connected from AV1out (RGB) to AV1in on the pio using a decent enough cable (Profigold PGV7392). I'm thinking whether an upgrade to a higher quality cable would do the trick (oxypure or eqv.), any ideas??? :lease:

Cheers,

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have the 420 (same manual) but no decoder. It's OK with a Freeview STB You don't say if you are using separate audio out sockets, but I assume not as you mention the scart lead. Incidentally, all the audio pins are at the cable-entry end of the scart plug and are the first to suffer if the plug is dislodged (at either end).
    There are audio settings which could affect your sound. Check pages 104-5 of the instn book. Also, does you TV or decoder have audio options which might need changing (related to 5-1 digital sound etc).
    You could also try resetting the machine and starting again, so to speak (p 112). Another thread had similar 'bad sound' problems with a Tosh RDXS32 but hasn't said if they are now cured.

3. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Just a thought....maybe the audio output from the digibox is on the high side.

It may be worth trying the medium (or even low) audio output setting in the Sky Box menu?

4. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks guys, I'll try all your suggestions and post my findings.

Thanks Again, :smashin:

5. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Quick update, The problems seems to have gone now due to me turning the Sky STB's volume down.

Cheers for the help!,