Pioneer 520 8x

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dgr6966, Feb 3, 2005.

1. dgr6966

dgr6966
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 520, which I am mostly pretty happy with. I have been using Ritek G05 disks to copy from the HDD to DVD-R at 8x quite happily. As I was running a little low I bought some of the the new Datawrite 'Titanium' Silver 8x disks, which I believe use a CMC dye. However, these disks will only write at 4x. Is this because it is a new disk that the firmware doesn't recognise?

2. dgr6966

dgr6966
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody?

3. anna the dub

anna the dub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

I have a Pioneer 420, and like yourself mainly using Ritek G05 discs at 8x. I also purchased some of the new Datawrite Titanium 8x discs, and again, like yourself, have discovered that my ones will only write at 4x. Bit disappointed to be honest. In future I think I will stick to Ritek. Seems very odd that a 8x writer only recognises the media as 4x.

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Page 61 of the 420/520/720 manual lists disk types that have been tested for 8x writing. Datawrite isn't there - but I wonder what is different about them?