Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer 5100 recording limit

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jester20001, Feb 9, 2004.

1. jester20001

jester20001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pioneer 5100 and Sky+
    These 2 systems matched makes an excellent way of saving films and programs.

I record about 5 films per day and a few programs and quickly fill the drive in the sky+ box. I have tried putting a 120GB drive in it but after a while it produces so many bad records that I put the original back in.

My question is can I extend the record time on the 5100 from 6 hours max.

I am out of the hours for 12 hours per day and would like to use the 5100 to record to the hard drive for the full 12 hours from sk+ plus.

at the moment I can only recoird about 3 films at a time, is this possible ?? I have read the manual but cant find anything.

2. marah

marah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can use the timer and break it into segments but as far as I can see 6 Hours is the max.

3. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I presume you dont want to lower the quality?

4. chard

chard
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    6 hours is the max for one recording, but you can simply set it to record several segments as the other poster suggests....

5. jester20001

jester20001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    quality is not really the issue, i almost alway record 6 hours worth of recording on each DVD and I find the quality quite good. I spent many years recording to VCD so the quality even at 6 hours is far better than that.

Thanx for the advance I will try that, I take it you canset the schedualer to record from an AV source?

6. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yes i have mine programmed to record from 'L1' (which is a feed from my sky box)

7. jester20001

jester20001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx for the help, I will try tonight to record 12 hopurs as my plus box is full now.

thanks again.