Pioneer 5090?

bobbymax

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What's a reasonable price I can expect for my beloved 5090 with bottom speakers, ISf'd and in excellent condition etc etc?

Sadly they don't seem to sell at reasonable prices at all these days. There was similar chat in another thread recently and I think the general feeling is, most of us that are aware of how great Kuro's are have all reached the stage where we want a bigger, newer, all singing and dancing OLED's and if we need more than one TV, will be retiring our own current high end TV to a secondary location rather than buying someone elses. General public, ie not the type of people that post on here, will mostly be of the (wrong) belief that cheap modern TV's are better and will have no interest in a 10+ year old power hungry plasma.

There's been two KRP's in the classified recently at £150. I bought one and the other still hadn't even sold last time I checked. That probably gives you some idea of what to expect.

Sadly they don't seem to sell at reasonable prices at all these days. There was similar chat in another thread recently and I think the general feeling is, most of us that are aware of how great Kuro's are have all reached the stage where we want a bigger, newer, all singing and dancing OLED's and if we need more than one TV, will be retiring our own current high end TV to a secondary location rather than buying someone elses. General public, ie not the type of people that post on here, will mostly be of the (wrong) belief that cheap modern TV's are better and will have no interest in a 10+ year old power hungry plasma.

There's been two KRP's in the classified recently at £150. I bought one and the other still hadn't even sold last time I checked. That probably gives you some idea of what to expect.
Yes sadly I thought that might be the case.
Oh well, I'll keep hold for a while as the PQ is still very good.
Thanks for posting. :)

@bobbymax I still have my LX5090, though it's now been demoted thrice from room to room and is now in my bedroom, and I'll have it until it falls over.

I have advertised it, and as i thought, I got reply's of £200-£250.
They appeared very interested, but I'm loath to let such a great tV go for peanuts.
Will wait and see If I get any more reply's

I let mine go for £200 with the lower speaker . It replaced a 32inch bush TV they were using to say they were over the moon was a understatement. I looked at I had 10 great yes out the TV . I lost a hell of a lot more on my Panasonic plasma monitor

Ha, I can understand them.
I too have the 2 under speakers, which are surprisingly good aren't they.
Perhaps I should take the £250 then.:(

If you have no need for the TV I'm afraid there is no choice . I changed to a Panasonic oled and could not be happier .

You're correct.
It has to be a smart TV and 4K, until the next format :D
I'm looking at this one right now......

SAMSUNG QE55Q60RATXXU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV with Bixby

Not sure about Bixby though 🙄

Ha, I can understand them.
I too have the 2 under speakers, which are surprisingly good aren't they.
Perhaps I should take the £250 then.:(

I think the undermount speaker would probably be quite easy to sell on it's own so perhaps it's worth trying to sell separately. I spent a couple of years looking for one at the right price with no luck but ended up using some spare Kef eggs I had instead which worked out quite well. I think as people started moving their Kuros to secondary locations away from their av set ups it may have created a bit of demand for table top stands and undermount speakers.

You're correct.
It has to be a smart TV and 4K, until the next format :D
I'm looking at this one right now......

SAMSUNG QE55Q60RATXXU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV with Bixby

Not sure about Bixby though 🙄
If you want something as good as the plasma I personally think oled is the only way to go

yes, but the price is the problem 🤔

I think it will be worth saving for like I did I went round and round for months . If you plan to start using HDR streaming,4k blu rays etc I believe it's the way to go . The difference in price for a hi end LCD compared to oled is a no brainer you won't regret it

OK, Start saving :D
Thanks Martin

Yes, if you want blacks better than your plasma then OLED is the best bet. If price a problem you could think about a refurbished one such as from the official Panasonic Ebay outlet; they often have OLEDs at good prices - I picked up a 55" EZ952 OLED for £999 which looked new and has worked fine so far over the last year. Big improvement over my previous 43" plasma..

Not sure if this helps but hisense are doing there oled for £899 this weekend only

Do you have a link to the Hisense at that price please?
I can't find it by googling.

Wow that sold out quick they had 50% left this morning

Can't find it on my phone.
Will try the pc when home tomorrow.
Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom