Pioneer 5090 remotes

durbin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

my remote has basically stopped working. Can’t access the menus. Some
Buttons don’t work but the main ones do ( volume, on/off )

now the price of these on eBay is stupid( £60+ )

had a look at trying to dismantle the remote ( removed screws ) though casing would just not come apart :/

anyone have any manuals on how to do it? Or any decent replacement remotes? Not really fancying a cheap plastic remote though can’t justify the stupid amount for a like for like replacement.

my 5090 is still in cracking condition. No dead pixels, no screen burn.
Though I know upgrade time is looming as I doubt the Kuro will do a PS5 justice

On most remotes once you've removed the screws (check for hidden screws under labels) you have to slide a thin-bladed screwdriver between the two halves to separate them.
Once you've got it apart wash the rubber membrane in soapy water and thoroughly dry it.
Clean the PCB with Isoropyl Alcohol then reassemble.

That’s the trouble jayCee.

the two half’s will not come apart. It’s like the face has been glued down?!

There are usually hidden clips on one half of the body of the remote.
Start at the bottom and slide a screwdriver between them then it's just a case of prising them apart while sliding it up one side then the other.
Very few remotes are glued together.

I did think this. I will give it a go. Appreciate the advice

“if I break it I’ll send you the bill in the post” haha

I don’t suppose you or anyone has a manual or breakdown guide do you? Trying to search for this is proving difficult

If all it takes is a little clean up I’d rather go down this route first. Plus in my opinion the pioneer remote looks tonnes better than the harmony ( personal preference )

can not find any videos or manuals on this damn remote.

I will have a look at it over the weekend but I can’t see how there are clips holding it together - and if so where they are:(

I have a 5090 remote, with all working buttons maybe just get a universal and get the working codes. If you buy a URC MX-850 remote I can send you all learned IR codes on a file.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom