Pioneer 507 freeview recording... Help!

Maki

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a Pioneer 507 and love it. However, I am have a problem recording a Freeview signal when the TV is in standby, ie, no recording. When I put the TV back on all is Okay.
I have a VCR ( not that interested in recording really, but my little girl wants some things! ) I would have thought that I should be able to record a program whilst not having the TV on. I have the VCR on Scart 3.

You're trying to record Freeview programmes from the TV's receiver when the TV is off? Errr ... you can't, the TV's off therefore the receiver is off.

K.

If the TV is in STANDBY should it not be possible as on other makes? I know you cannot with the TV off.

Are you sure other TVs can do that? Not heard of one that can. I'd just get a cheap freeview box & put it in front of the VCR.

If the TV is in STANDBY should it not be possible as on other makes? I know you cannot with the TV off.

Standby is off.

The Panasonic TH-50PX60 was the TV I have just got rid of (Purple Snakes)
this according to the manual allowed recording whilst on standby from the inbuilt Freeview.
Keefers, I understand what you mean but I am going of what I have previuosly read, no offence meant by any off the above comments in previous posts.
It looks like I need a PVR or DVD Recorder, any tips?

Thanks for that Keefers. It looks interesting. The PVR route seems best, no more discs etc. I'll see.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom