• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

pioneer 507 and elite

Macleanrd

Novice Member
I have a pioneer 507 and want to upgrade from my current 360 to an elite, my question is if i use the hdmi will i be able to view in 1080p.....if the answer is i can then i will be getting one friday.

aniki

Novice Member
I have a pioneer 507 and want to upgrade from my current 360 to an elite, my question is if i use the hdmi will i be able to view in 1080p.....if the answer is i can then i will be getting one friday.

Hi, unless you need the Hard Drive space or prefer the colour I would not recommend changing.
The Elite cant output 1080/24p as the hardware is mainly unchanged from the predecessors. Similarly the Pioneers cant process 1080/60p.
You will not be able to 'view' anything per se in 1080p as the Pioneer is 768 vertical resolution.
I wouldnt let this bother you. I use the premium outputting 1080/60i over component & thanks to the Pioneers built in 3:2 processing, the image is equally as smooth as a 1080/24p signal over HDMI.
You already have an awesome set-up. I would leave it as is :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom