Pioneer 506XDE + Telewest TVDrive HDMI = problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by RazorLite, Dec 30, 2006.

1. RazorLite

RazorLite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I wonder if someone could be able to help me. I have tried countless times to get the 'telewest' box working with the tv via HDMI but the only options I can see on the TVDrive are either RGB or component. The input on the tv has definitely been set to HDMI so I can't understand why it is not working?

Some background info, the telewest HDMI used to work but one day I switched it on and the screen just flickered briefly and then went completely blank. I resetted the telewest box to get it to default to scart - now obviously it works fine but I am unable to view HD channels which is a bit annoying to say the least considering I've paid for it. :(

I'm hoping that I am missing something obvious before I call out the 'engineers'. ;)

Any help as always will be most gratefully appreciated, cheers!

Mark

2. BikeNutt

BikeNutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I think we've all had this problem at some time or other. Things to try yourself are: -

1) Check the HDMI cable - particularly at the TVDrive end. Give it a good ol' wiggle. This works more often than you might think!

2) Ensure your telly isn't auto-seeking an alternate signal source whilst there is intermittent HDMI output coming from the TVDrive during reboot.

3) Reset the box using the key sequence provided in the instructions on page 56 of the TVDrive user guide. When you get to the stage where it tells you to choose 'Sd' you can also toggle to 'hdMi'. (Ensure you have the Scart lead connected for 'Sd' though)

4) If none of the above work, a box swap will usually cure the problem.

Hope this helps.