pioneer 506xde prices?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by sl2, Mar 27, 2006.

1. sl2

sl2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, new to the board but have been lurking for awhile. I've finally decided to go ahead and buy a pioneer 506xde, i visted JL watford to purchase a set after reading steve_b's post but they've hiked the price back up to 3795. just wanted to know if any stores have it for cheaper so i can get JL to price match it? thanks

2. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
  3. sl2

sl2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^^
    yes i know. i mentioned that thread in my post, its informative but doesn't give much infomation on in store prices for the 506 xde.

4. Dave Williamson

Dave Williamson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought a 506xde last week at the Ideal Home Exhibition and got a cracking deal..

Wall Mount, Second year warranty (Pioneer only do 1 year now) and free delivery from London to the North East for £3000 exactly.

Might not be the best deal out there but it's the best I've seen so far.

Regards
    Dave.

5. hysys

hysys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like a very good deal. Might be worth to go there :) Could you pm me more details ?

any idea when it will be delivered ?

I went to sevenoaks at the week end, and they were saying that it is almost impossible to have one quickly, because pioneer is struggling to get them out as fast as they sell them.

6. sl2

sl2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the post, could you please let me know any more info. did it include the speakers and did you buy from a store that was part of the exhibition or pioneer directly?

7. hysys

hysys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have the feeling that I might see you (sl2) at the show :)

8. sl2

sl2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i think i'll be there thursday if i can't it cheaper.

9. Dave Williamson

Dave Williamson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I dealt with a guy called Albert from ASKDirect (Shop on Tottenham Court Road) on the Pioneer stand, they were sharing the stand with a load of Pio representatives/tech people who I think were there to support the sales side of things

If you want to see the same guy he'll now be on the LG stand right next door to the Pio one..

Apparantly he shares half of the Exhibition time with Pioneer and the other half with LG so there will be a different shop on the Pio stand at the moment, you may get the same deal from them, but if not pop over the way and ask for Albert.. BTW, this guy looks nothing like an Albert... ;)

What you may find is that I got a good deal because this guy was after moving as many units as possible for Pio and wasn't worried 'too' much about profit.. if that is the case he may not be so keen while he's sharing the LG stand, if not whoever is currently on the Pio may also be keen to move as many units as possible... you'll have to do abit of investigation and bartering

HTH's gents

Good luck with your bartering/purchases

Dave

10. lynnzal

lynnzal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have unused 506xde stand and speakers that I will be putting up on the sales thread if anyone is likely to be interested. That'll make the package even cheaper if u just buy the screen retail.

Regards
    Lynnzal

11. sl2

sl2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i popped into ask on tottenham court rd today to get an idea of prices. they are selling the 506xde for 3400 inc. stand and speakers and ready for delivery within the next few days. on a side note the saleman reccomened that i didn't waste my money on an extended warrenty as most likey problems would occur during the first few months. does anyone have any experiences with major problems with panels after the 1st year?

12. sl2

sl2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^^
    bump

13. Steve_B

Steve_B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The series 6 models were only launched around Sept '05, so even if someone had one of the very first panels it would still be well within the first year....

Saying things only go wrong in the first few is nonsense in my view... in my experience it is normally 1 year and 1 week and things go wrong...

I personally always like the comfort of an extended warranty escpecially JL's...

Say for the 506XDE, its 3200ish from Comet\Currys etc then add their £672 to extend the warranty to 5 years. It's more than the £3795 of JL... who's warranty is way more compreshensive than any other on the market ... period!