• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer 506XDE optimum picture settings?

gangst

Standard Member
Hi,

I've had a Pioneer 506XDE for about 2 months now, and its racked up alot of hours on low settings. I now want to up the settings because of the arrival of my Sky HD box, so that my screen is callibrated to its optimum.

If anyone with this screen could recommend the optimum settings for this screen or the equivalent 43" I'd be really pleased, as I'm not sure hat all the settings do.

Thanks!

Neil Davidson

Prominent Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hi Gangst,

The only way to get an optimal calibration of the XDE, or in fact any display, is to have professionally calibrated to account for your display's characteristics and environmental surroundings.

Pioneer recognised this and built in the ISF C3 interface to enable professional calibrators to set up new calibrated defaults in the picture settings menu that you know will give the most accurate picture. The relative benefits of the interface have been discussed on here before but the fact is that it is a good choice for many customers.

If you don't want to go for the full calibration, I think that the Pioneer sticky on this forum has some suggested "Post Run In" settings to try.

HTH

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom