• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Pioneer 506XDE on order - shall I build an HTPC?

S

stevebrowne

Just ordered a 506XDE from av-sales. Not sure when it'll arrive - 3 weeks minimum they tell me, but that gives me time to sort out getting a TV aerial installed, so that I can get a decent Freeview signal (loft aerial is OK, but not great).

Initially going to simply have Sky+, DVD, Xbox, PS2 and Xbox playing videos form my media server. Pre-regged for Sky HD and got an Xbox 360 on order.

Have some .ts transport stream files that play great on my PC using VLC, but Xbox won't play them, so I'm thinking of building an HTPC to do everything... Not sure yet. But when my wife saw a .ts playing she said how amazing the picture was, so might as well take advantage of it now ;-)

Not going to let her see th credit card statement though!

Blue Triangles

I'm in exactly the same position as you. Just ordered the 506XDE, have to wait 4-6 weeks.

yellowpostit

Standard Member
stevebrowne said:
...but that gives me time to sort out getting a TV aerial installed, so that I can get a decent Freeview signal.
Well worth it. I spent about £250 sorting out mine. I nearly had a heart attack, but I'm glad now, as the f/v pic on my 436 is outstanding.

Top Bottom