1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 506XDE and Media Centre 2005 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jatkinson, Sep 11, 2005.

1. jatkinson

jatkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Having decided to move recently I am looking to update my home cinema set up at last also. :thumbsup:

For the last few months I've been running a home made Media Centre PC into my rear projection TV to see whether Media Centre was something I liked.. I do, a lot. I decided therefore that my new set up ought to include, at last, a Plasma screen and I've recently decided that the Pioneer 506XDE is the one for me..... that is, until I've read various conflicting posts and opinions on how the Pioneers (and more importantly its media box) connects with PCs, in particular MCE, sometimes with specific reference to problems with DVI and HDMI connections (?). This has of course, got me a little unsettled as the Pioneer is going to be a hell of a spend for me!

I would therefore be appreciative of anyone who has experience with previous Pioneer models (or even better the 506 if someone has got their hands on one) used alongside Media Centre PCs to post their views and experiences on getting this set up to work.

At it's simplest, I'd love to know generally does the Pioneer Plasmas work with MCE or should I go in another direction completely and look at alternate Plasma models ? MCE is not an option to my plans, nor is a screen size of less than at least 43".

My budget is up to around £4k and of course the Plasma must be HD ready.

What does everyone think?

2. jatkinson

jatkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No experiences here then?

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I would say avoid TV models and look at panels instead...and if the budget can stretch a little more then the 50" 40-Series Fujitsu should be at the top of your list IMHO.

Cheers, Lee