1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 506 XDE plasma extention cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Sooren, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Sooren

Sooren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I need to extend my the cables from the plasma to the media box by a couple of metres.
    I do have 2 sets of leads so could I get a conector for them both to join them together, if so from where.
    Or if not is it possible to get a 5 metre cable as everywhere seems to advertise 10 metre cables or does any company make them up.
    thanks in antisipation.

Paul

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Hello Sooren

Its not practical/possible to 'extend' the Pioneer system cable - the control cable is pretty rare and extensions simply don't exist.

Pioneer offer a 10m Replacement cable that retails for just under £200.00 in the UK.

There are one or two cable suppliers who provide 'Upgrade' Replacement cable sets - these tend to use premium grade DVI cables for the Video portion of the system cable.

A 5m BetterCables Display Magic DVI/MDR combination will cost you just under £200.00 and includes a much higher quality DVI cable than the Pioneer system cable includes.

Best regards

Joe