1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 505XDE ghosting?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by carefactornil, Jul 3, 2005.

1. carefactornil

carefactornil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was demoing various bits of kit yesterday including DVDs on the Pio 505XDE (using one of the Pio DVD Recorders).

Watching X-men, and at the very beginning of chapter 11 where the security guard waves his arm around you could see a distinctive "lag" on the arm movement that I believe is referred to as ghosting.

I was watching the image at about 2-2.5 metres but I'll end up watching at nearer 5.5 metres so I don't know if that makes any difference (shop didn't want to put a hole in the wall just so I could sit 5.5m away...)

Is there anything you can do about this kind of issue? Was a teeny bit disappointed considering the price and how good it is generally. Would the DVD player make a difference? I can't remember which one we were using but I think it was one of the higher end ones. Playing it on my laptop it didn't look as bad...

Am I right in thinking ISF calibration doesn't help with this kind of thing?

Cheers.