1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 505xde connections help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by touslecoq, Jun 6, 2005.

1. touslecoq

touslecoq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered a pioneer 505xde to mount on the wall. Unfortunately the standard 3m cable that runs from the media box to the screen will be too short. My room is being replastered this week and I need to chase the cable through the plasterwork.

My understanding is that there are 3 cables I need to run: power flex, DVI and a pioneer control cable.

I have been advised that I can purchase a 7m pioneer cable for 169 quid that will supply the DVI and control. However I have also been advised that I could purchase a standard DVI cable and run a length of control cable alongside it with a view to chopping the connectors off the pioneer control cable when it arrives and soldering them on to the length of control cable I have run through the plaster.

Although this will save me about 120 quid, I am concerned that I am going to end up pulling out the control cable from the wall if it doesn't work!!!

Has anyone tried this, can anyone advise me on this.

Regards
    Richard

2. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    There's a few threads regarding this dotted about.

From what I remember, the dvi and control are available separately, and the control cable is the same as the Sharp cable. Have a search on google for pioneer control cable and you'll find some sites which sell everything you need ready-made. You should be able to get what you need a lot cheaper than the prices you have so far.

Hope this helps.