1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 505

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AndyCS, Nov 1, 2004.

1. AndyCS

AndyCS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Well my 505 arrived yesterday and all I can say so far is WOW:thumbsup: . This is my first plasma and has replaced a 32" Sony CRT. I'm really impressed out of the box as I'm not seeing any real PQ problems. DVD sources are simply stunning and I'm 'only' using component connections. Sky+ is as good as the CRT most of the time. It is fair to say through that poor quality programs/channels are definately noticed, that said the normal channels are perfectly acceptable even with the display contrast and brightness turned down.
    Now just need to get some hours on the screen then look at calibration and see what a scaler can bring to the party.
    Finally, many thanks to Joe Fernand for all his advice and suppying the screen at a good price, you can't beat dealing with real people.

Andy

2. V5-APS

V5-APS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Does the 505 buzz ??
    Also, would you mind posting your settings pls for the video side of things.

Cheers

3. AndyCS

AndyCS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    V5-APS

Very low level buzz which is only audible when ear is almost touching screen, certainly not audible from anywhere else. As for settings, currently set on Movie which is Contract 26 and Brightness -5. Not really played with Pro Adjust settings yet but set as follows:-
    Pure Cinema : Adv
    Colout Temp : Mid-Low
    MPEG NR : Mid
    DNR : Mid
    CTI : Off
    DRE : Low