pioneer 505 - modify for dts ??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Suki, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Suki

Suki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I bought a multiregion 505 a few yrs ago - very good but no dts out ( to the best of my knowledge)

Anyone know of 3rd parties who will modify to give dts output to my amp ( I dont need a built in dts decoder as I have one in my amp) or am I better off just getting a new player.

If the latter - will I notice a big improvement in general performance and can anyone suggest a player with dts out, selectable region code and pseudo pal output as a replacement

Suki

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,453
    not possible i'm afraid, and if it were, more than likely going to be same or near the cost of new machine!

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,896
    Unless you are looking for an "excuse" to upgrade your player, I'm not sure I'd bother. The 505 was an excellent and robust machine and, IMHO, the differences between DD5.1 and DTS are more as a result of different sound mixes (louder, more bass) than as a consequence of intrinsic quality. There are often differences in compression ratios, bit rates, etc., but for all practical purposes, these make little audible difference.

(Sits back and waits for barrage of disagreement).