Pioneer 504HDE and 868 owners a question?

Johndl

next row of buttons under the numbers, the far right. Cycle through until you get 'standard zoom'. If you pause on a circle it will now be the right shape. Not sure when you would use standard wide or standard cinema thought. They both seem to leave the image distorted. Standard full for anamorphic. Enjoy, John

suzywong

Standard Member
Originally posted by Gordon @ Convergent AV
If you play Titanic or similar letterbox DVD how do you change settings to see it in correct aspect ratio?
I just keep pressing the d*** button until it looks right....really annoys my wife!

It's not surprising really, I've just take a spin round my DVD collection and have come up with the following list of aspect ratios:

1.33:1 (4:9), 1.77:1, 1.78:1 (16:9), 1.85:1, 2.00:1, 2.21:1, 2.35:1, 2.40:1, 2.44:1, 2.45:1........

I should really generate a list of which particular mode looks best for which aspect ratio....but life's too short! Just keep pressing the button.......

And now on a completely different subject,

the good news for Portsmouth Football Club is: two points clear of relegation and with a game in hand......

the bad news is: it's Arsenal!

BKATZ

Standard Member
You cannot adjust the display on 720p(HDMI) & above! Had a quick try with the different outputs & you can change 576p or i (HDMI)& below.

Regards,

B.;)

(504, 868, AX5)

BKATZ

Standard Member
"Clever design that....."

Yes!? I wonder if anyone from Pioneer could explain why?

Regards,(again)

B.:rolleyes:

gmt steve

Novice Member
Have you tried setting the screen shape in the 868's setup menu? The options are; 4.3, 16.9 and 16.9 squeezed (or something like that).
The last option is for displays that lock into 16.9 when fed a progressive signal. If you select that option, then you may be able to get the correct mode on the PDP. Just a thought.