1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 504 turns off with Sky on.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Moviebuff, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    If I switch my Pio 504 on after the Sky receiver,it displays a picture for a couple of seconds,then powers down.I have to always ensure that Sky is in standby,before the panel is switched on from standby.I have the signal switching via the scart selected,so it appears that the media box detects that Sky is on,and powers the panel back down.My nipper is getting cheesed off when,while watching a crunch point in Sponge Bob Square Pants,the picture dies on his TV upstairs,because I've had to power down Sky in order to switch the plasma on! :rolleyes:

Is there a reason for this,and indeed,is this normal for the 504 to react to Sky being on before the panel is powered up.

FYI - Sky is connected to input 1 of the media box.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Tried a different input to see if the same happens?

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    In the Sky services menu, turn "Control by SCART" to off

P.S. Are you sure the TV is connected to "TV out" on the Sky box, and not VCR ?

4. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've noticed that the Pioneer won't display a picture if you hit TV on the SKY(+) remote, as it knocks the SKY box off of RGB. SKY is on Input 1 of the R04 box for me.

5. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236

Thanks all for the replies.

I have left the scart control on,as my wife finds it easier to just turn the Sky receiver on,and not have to switch the input manually.

The Sky box is definately connected to the TV out scart,as,the Pace 3100 seems to output composite video only via the VCR out scart,and I have a RGB signal going to the media box.

The only thing I can think of,is that,with the Sky receiver on,it interferes with the syncing between the panel and the media box,tricking the plasma into powering down.

The Sky+ receiver is connected to input 1 on the media box.

Cheers

Jerry

6. MikeWS

MikeWS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I had precisely the same problem (504HDE turning off with Sky+) and it was fixed instantly by turning the "Scart Control" setting to off. Thanks very much for asking my question before I got around to it!

I have one other question - what do people recommend as the best scart to get the best PQ out of an Amstrad Sky+ box?

Kind regards,

Mike.