1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 504 sky pictures...help..!!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Cos, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Cos

Cos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having had my new plasma for just over two weeks, I am real pleased with my purchase. DVD pictures are fantastic, whilst both digital Sky satelite and cable are much better than I anticipated (I couldn't find a retailer with a 50" on display prior to buying), in fact normal TV viewing (through digital not RF) really is great.

Unlike some points already made, I haven't had any problems with the home gallery (HDDTV), but does like to take it's time when switching between inputs.

My only gripe is watching football. Picture is not so great, tends to digitalise, and can vary from watchable to, rather watch it on the old faithful Phillips 28" CRT... Can anyone help?

I'm quite new to home cinema but really do want to improve the picture.

Any advise please in English... Some of the technical jargon is quite confusing

2. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Cos,

I've not finished fine tuning my 504 yet but agree that Football is weak espescially live foreign coverage. Try MPEG NR set OFF. Baiscally the further the camera is away from the pitch the worse the picture is. Arsenal v Moscow on Wednesday was a pretty good picture for this reason I believe.

3. Cos

Cos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lumpsucker,

Cheers for the response. I'll try that MPEG adjustment next time the footie is on; but you're right about the Arse match game, it was the best footie picture I've seen so far...

I haven't done any adjustments yet, how do you start? Any tips?

...for a beginer..!

4. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Cos,

There are a few threads around this forum where peolple have posted settings (mostly for the 434). I'll post mine over the weekend but I'm off to the Pub now so the plasma will be blurred by the time I watch it later, regardless of settings :)

Cheers

5. deman77

deman77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cos,

If you have another couple of grand to spare, get an HD Leeza from Gordon from ConvergentAV. Even football will be good then.

Lumagen Vision for half the money (there is one in Classified Adverts for 700 at the mom) will improve things too.

6. Cos

Cos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Deman77

Having just started in HC, that sounds a bit steep. I think I've got to start by learning how to adjust the settings first (all looks daunting).

I've been looking arounf for setting tips, any suggestions on where to look?