1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 504/434HDE input questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jfraser, Nov 7, 2003.

1. jfraser

jfraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm going to purchase a 504hde but I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer.

I downloaded the instruction manual for the plasma, and couldn't find any info about a digital HDMI input....I'm pretty certain that it has one.....was it added after the manual was printed????

which input is the HDMI port associated with (I thought it was a bit silly to associate both the component and svideo with input3...and having nothing but scart for input 1&2)

Why does the manual state that a decoder (cable box, sat box) should be connected to input 1

from the instruction manual....
    Selecting a decoder input terminal
    If you have connected a decoder, select a decoder input
    terminal (INPUT1). (page 33)

Thanks for your help

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Yes it's got one HDMI port on input 3... Yes you're right 'it was a bit silly' (understatement - stop it..!)...

Connect a cable box to input 1 for two reasons, one it is RGB and two the the media box switches on to input 1 by default when you first turn on the system (by pressing 1-9 - RF by pressing 0)...

3. jfraser

jfraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simon
    Thanks for the info

4. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    jfraser

I had the same query originally. There is a two page addendum to cover HDMI. You will find the link somewhere in the other 434/534 threads. When I open trhe media box for my 434 last week it was already included there....