1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 503 HDE bargain or wait??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by allygash, Oct 17, 2003.

1. allygash

allygash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys pop quiz, I have the chance to buy brand new pioneer 503 hde for 3450 pounds sterling(equiv i live in singapore). I have been waiting 4 the new 504 but this seems such a good bargain?? What u guys think? This price is brand new delivered & installed, no catch, direct from pioneer singapore. They dont have the mxe only the hde. Advice plse gents...

Thx Mike

PS - Tbrar, what u think dude

2. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike,

If you have budget, without any hesitation or doubt I would say buy the PDP-504HDE.

The 03HDE's (not 03MXE's) have *quite a number* of limitations in comparison to their replacements, not least of which their inability to support a PAL progressive input....

Youre right the price is a good price, however, its still a fair whack for a TV. Buy the 04HDE, otherwise youll always be left wondering .....

Tony

Nb - Nice and hot is it over their ?, actually it always is !

3. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Allygash
    To tell you how convinced I am of the improvements on 434/504 I will be selling my 9 month old 433 and buying a 434. In my opinion it is definitely worth to buy the new plasma from Pioneer if you can.

4. allygash

allygash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, Thx 4 the replies. Now the plot thickens. Pioneer singapore just offered me a brand new 503MXE(not hde as before), all in, on the wall for 2400 sterling equiv. I had made my decision to wait 4 the 504hde..... this changes it, this appears to good a deal to turn down? Gimme some help here, I have to give them a decision in 12hrs.. The difference between the 504hde & the 503 mxe is not as great as the 503hde to 504 hde right?

Tbrar what u think dude? - yeah seasons here hot,hotter,wet,wetter

Thx

Mike.

5. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now that is a different matter TBH. At that price its a steal, I would get the 03MXE. On paper the 04HDE does offer improvments, as it should as its the next generation panel, however your right in that the difference is not nearly as large as with the 03HDE's.

6. allygash

allygash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tbrar, Thx dude, looks like its time to join the club, let u know how i get on........

Later

Mike.

7. Arsenal

Arsenal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Damn that is a steal.. i wouldn't even consider a 504hde for £3000 more with that offer.

8. gammmmo

gammmmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Makes you feel so glad to be living in rip-off Britain doesn't it? Price here of a 50 inch Pio 03MXE/HDE of about £5-5.5K???