Question Pioneer 500M and Connecting Sound

Sicoe

Hi All

my father recently purcahsed a 500M Plasma and it has special speaker terminals in the back of the plasma which i am no longer able to locate

all i am trying to do is get some sound using a little speaker so i have connected this via 3.5mm aux and then left and right phono to Audio input 2 on the back of the plasma but i am unable to get sound

picture is fed via Hdmi and i have switched these 2 inputs to use sound from audio input 2.

anyone have any ideas, all i am trying to achieve is some sound out of this panel.

Regards Simon

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You cannot expect to get sound OUT from an INPUT.
If you're handy and can solder you could fit spade connectors or solder speaker wires directly to the speaker output sockets.
The top connection on each output is positive, make sure the TV is unplugged before attempting this and make sure you don't short-circuit the output terminals

Sicoe

thank you jaycee i will give it a go

dont suppose you know anywhere where i can get the cables from do you that already have this?

Regards Simon

GMAN40

This panel has special speaker plugs part numbers ADF1038/39 call Pioneer uk and for stock as they do have them as I got 2 pairs for my 500/600M. They will direct u to your nearest dealer for ordering.

For me these panels are just as good if not better than OLED, but that’s my opinion.

Thx
GMAN40

Sicoe

Hi gman

I did exactly that called pioneer UK game then the part number and ended up getting a bunch of different numbers called them All and none of them had any. Don’t suppose you have the exact numbers do you or the dealer that did send them so I can call I would be really greatful

GMAN40

Try calling Seba electronics on 0208 567 8550. If I recall correctly I ordered them via this shop.

GMAN40

Hi Sicoe,

I have found my original receipt for the speaker plugs ADF1038/39, I bought them from the below company in October 2017. Call them on Monday for parts enquiry.

Babber Electronics Service Centre Ltd, Unit 7 Waterside Trading Centre,Trumpers Way,W7 2QD T: 020 8893 6550 E:[email protected] www.babber.com

Thx
GMAN40

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom