• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer 5000ex versus Any LCD

P

phil woods

I have a decision to make and need the forums help. I have to purchase a 46-50" screen tomorrow and without sounding cocky price is not a problem. I am torn between a 46" X series Sony and Pioneer 5000 i have seen the Sony screen but am not able to see a Pioneer what are the forums opinion on the best picture (i will be mainly watching Football on Sky HD)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

P

phil woods

Thanks for the quick responses it looks like it will be the Pioneer then unless anyone can persuade me that the Bravia can beat the 5000.

Cool-hand

Established Member
Hi

Your a lucky boy! The Pioneer, I should think, is prob the best 50" screen available. LCD or Plasma. You'll have much fun.

However... if you could stretch to just a little more there is a new 103" plasma out at the moment that looks just lovely and is just within your budget!! :devil:

Rgds

CH

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
But for less money you could get someone to come and put a nice high gloss finish on the PF9. ;)

chaparral

Prominent Member
Oh yes, sorry one small detail I forgot... its £50'000 :rotfl:
But the install & delivery is only about £5000.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom