Pioneer 5000ex and XBOX

B

baggers1

Hope you all had a good x mas and would be grateful if you could answer my request.

Approx 1 month ago i moved house and with the move treated my self to a Pioneer 5000 ex. I replastered the living room connecting one 5m QED HDMI cable to the screen leaving a clean looking screen and all my kit in the opposite end of the room out of site.

I then have a Sky HD box and AV amp in the corner, for Xmas i git bought a XBOX 360 with HD DVD Drive fantastic i thought as i already had a QED HDMI splitter so it would just be a case of connecting the Xbox to the QED splitter with a HDMI cable.

If only it was that simple as most of you probably know Microsoft do not use digital output for there prodcut unlike the Sony Playstation 3. No worries i thought lets settle for component and get a component - HDMI converter this works fine for 1080i however will not let the HD DVD drive transmit at 1080p which i am dying to see on the screen.

After doing some more searching in this forum it seems that the HD DVD drive can only transmit 1080p on a VGA cable. So i purchased a VGA - HDMI converter went into the Xbox settings and changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 the pioneer screen then gives a message saying not supported!!!

If i had some hair i would pull it out i promise and would be forever indebted if someone could cure my problem.

Hope you all had a good x mas and would be grateful if you could answer my request.

Approx 1 month ago i moved house and with the move treated my self to a Pioneer 5000 ex. I replastered the living room connecting one 5m QED HDMI cable to the screen leaving a clean looking screen and all my kit in the opposite end of the room out of site.

I then have a Sky HD box and AV amp in the corner, for Xmas i git bought a XBOX 360 with HD DVD Drive fantastic i thought as i already had a QED HDMI splitter so it would just be a case of connecting the Xbox to the QED splitter with a HDMI cable.

If only it was that simple as most of you probably know Microsoft do not use digital output for there prodcut unlike the Sony Playstation 3. No worries i thought lets settle for component and get a component - HDMI converter this works fine for 1080i however will not let the HD DVD drive transmit at 1080p which i am dying to see on the screen.

After doing some more searching in this forum it seems that the HD DVD drive can only transmit 1080p on a VGA cable. So i purchased a VGA - HDMI converter went into the Xbox settings and changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 the pioneer screen then gives a message saying not supported!!!

If i had some hair i would pull it out i promise and would be forever indebted if someone could cure my problem.

Hi there,simple answer to your problem is,1080p is only supported via hdmi on your pioneer 5000ex and not vga or even component,sorry but that is it im afraid. :thumbsup:

I was gonna buy one of those screen but i was a few pennys short , something like £5k short :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

can you not connect the vga dirrect to the tv ?

To be honest there is not much difference in 1080i and 1080p on this TV I have seen both. Even at 1080i Serenity is draw dropping compared to standard lcd and plasmas :O

Hi there,simple answer to your problem is,1080p is only supported via hdmi on your pioneer 5000ex and not vga or even component,sorry but that is it im afraid. :thumbsup:
I've had one of these plasmas for six months or so now, and don't believe what you suggest is a limitation of the display. Even my last 50-inch plasma that I had for four years supported 1080p over VGA.

Sounds to me more like your VGA to HDMI converter, why not simply plug the VGA from Xbox 360 straight into the plasma?

StooMonster

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom