Pioneer 50" Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Godzooky, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Godzooky

Godzooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if I should post this here, although i don't think i can afford one anyway.

On freeserve auctions they have 6 new pioneer 50" plasmas. Current bid is about £1250 and it ends tomorrow morning.

Does this seem to be good to ne true? I am always wary of such great deals. Anyone had any experience of this or similar "bargains"?

2. ceejay

ceejay
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I won two bids on eBay Belgium for similar screens for about 2000 euro. Both times the seller lived in France, and would only accept a cash transfer via Western Union. I offered to pick the set up in France (I could easily afford a plane ticket from the 13000 euro I would save by not having to buy the screen new) but both times the seller said that that was not possible : I had to transfer the money and then the screen would be sent to me...
    Ofcourse I didn't do it, and contacted eBay. They told me that it was probably a fraud attempt and that the sellers were banned.
    So, in short, you could try but I would insist on picking up the screen myself, so that you can't be ripped off...