1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 50 inch plasma - green shadow

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mark rosser, Oct 2, 2001.

1. mark rosser

mark rosser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    i have a pioneer PDP502MXE 50 " plasma, and have noticed with fast moving images (particularly dark images across a light background) that a green shadow appears at the trailing edge of the object while moving. I know there is a configuration menu in addition to the picture adjustment menu, and wonder if changing any of the setting will help with this, or is it a fault of the set. I connect a pioneer 717 DVD and PS2 via RGB. If anyone has the same screen, or knows of this problem i would be delighted to hear your views and advice.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    I've not had time to play with one of these devices so the following is speculation only.....

Plasma's use phosphor to create light. Presumably red/green and blue.... Green phosphor can have a slow decy time. It may be that your ocntrast is high and the green phosphor in the pixel is being energised so much that it isn't decaying fast enough to go OFF. Hence the green trails....Just a guess though.

Gordon