Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer 464 - RCE compatible?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Unlight, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi there,

Im just about to order this player from amazon - but can anyone tell me if it is RCE compatible? (I know the Tosh 330 has a few problems, its that and the fact I think the Tosh looks a bit cheap that Im not going for that one)

Anyone know?

Also, does anyone have the black player? Does it look cheap or nasty? All my setup is either black or silver, and I dont know which one I want!

Thanks for looking :)

EDIT - its up between the Tosh and the Pioneer... opinions anyone? :)

2. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  3. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    I was told the pio MR hack/chip is the same across the whole range. My 565 is compatible. That's from av-land. not sure if Amazon would do anything different.

4. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers for the help guys :)

Could anyone please tell me, what should I get - this or the Toshiba thats 79.99 on amazon... I saw it today in the flesh and it looks ok.

Which one gives better picture quality?

Oh and I'm pretty new on here, so thanks for taking the time to reply!

5. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    Not knowing what you're hooking it up to I'll guess a bit..If you're using it with a 32" (or less) tv I wouldn't worry too much about picture quality. On that scale you won't see a difference between players - obviously you'll see a massive difference between dvd and vhs or broadcast tv.

If you have a 5.1 amp I'd save up and buy a 565 (200 quid) with DVD-A and SACD for great sound.

I also have a Tosh 2109 and although it feels quite cheap it has given me 6+ years of no hassle viewing.

I don't think you're going to have any problems with either of these to be honest. I'd pick the one that's going to look best with the rest of your kit :)

6. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks, have just ordered the Silver Pioneer 464s. I simply couldnt deal with the looks of the Toshiba and the crappy looking remote! Also, with the Pioneer fully supporting RCE compared to the Toshiba's part support, I think I made the right choice! BTW, Im using a 28" phillips flatscreen, not in the realms of plasmas yet!!

Thanks again for the help guys. Now I just need a Good RGB cable to hook it up with, and a digital coaxial cable to hook it up to my 5.1 set. Anyone recommend where to get these?