Pioneer 454 NTSC RGB problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dougbryson, Dec 16, 2002.

1. dougbryson

dougbryson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a multi-region enabled Pioneer 454 DVD player plugged into the RGB scart of my Panasonic TX24DX1 TV. Picture quality from region 2 discs is perfect but region 1 gives me faint scrolling interference bars and bad streaking from bright areas of the image. These problems are not present if I use S-video but I would prefer to have the option of RGB.
    I'm using a good quality, fully wired and screened scart lead so I don't see how can be a problem with the cable.
    Any advice much appreciated.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Could be a problem your telly has with NTSC into RGB scart. Do a search on your telly or it's bigger brothers in the CRT section on this forum. :)

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doug,

It has been reported on the forum that some Pioneer players give similar problems to what you describe when plugged into a Sony LS60 TV. Some people report that this only occurs with RGB and that S-Video has cured the problem.

I wonder if your Panasonic model is also one that is "incompatible" with the Pioneer.

If you search for "Pioneer Sony LS60" or similar, you should find a few threads on this issue.

Here's one: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47877