1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 454 - How to make it multi region?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by yimpster, Nov 25, 2002.

1. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi peeps,

My father-in-law in all his knowledge and wisdom decided on impulse to buy a package deal at Currys. In the box came a 42" Pioneer Plasma, a Pioneer 454 DVD player and an AV receiver with the usual 5.1 speakers.

I've done all the cabling for them and chucked out all the free scart cables they threw in with the deal and replaced them with some decent ones.

anyway that's the history, all I really need to know is how can i make the DVD player multi-region?? I've checked on Techronics website and they offer a 'send in' service and they'll chip it for him, but it costs about 85 squid plus VAT. So it'd almost be cheaper to buy a new player.

Any ideas, links or remote hacks I can use?? I've got a Philips pronto universal remote if it helps, i've heard you can send remote hacks via that!

Cheers

Ads

2. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Cheers for that skcollob - well that's one solution.

Any others out there?? Perhaps one that costs less or even better nothing??

Cheers

Adam