Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer 444!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by coldrobba, Apr 1, 2005.

1. coldrobba

coldrobba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

Thinking about upgrading my trustwerthy pioneer 444 for either wait for it......................................... Pioneer 575 or not much difference in price Denon 2910!!!!! Ummmmm!

1. Is there much difference between the 444 and the 575 (apart from features ie SACD and DVD Audio) in terms of better picture & sound quality?

2. Is the Denon £400 better than the 575 in terms of picture and sound quality excluding the HDMI so just using the component and scart connections?

3. Using this for CD playback is the Denon 2910 anygood, is it better than say Nad's C542 or even Arcams CD73? Think i'm pushing it with the better than the CD73!!!!

Thanks not too many questions eh!

2. lupo

lupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have been thinking of upgrading my pioneer 444 dvd player also.

I have just bought myself a Panasonic TH42PW7B plasma

The most important thing for me is, picture and sound quality. A seamless layer change would also be good.

I am not biased towards any manufacturer, I just want the best I can get for my money ( don't we all ) :)