Pioneer 444 versus Tosh SD210

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bill1962, Jan 7, 2002.

1. bill1962

bill1962

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Can you help,

I am hoping to buy the Philips 32" 9616 Wide screen TV soon and I need a good budget DVD player to go with it. The TV is well over my budget and I havent told my other half about the DVD yet, thats why it needs to be reasonably cheap.

From reading your comments from other threads it looks like I should pick between the 444 and the 210.
    Now here is where it gets tricky, I have not been able to find either model on sale in Dublin. I could probably ask a retail outlet to order one for me, but god only knows how much that might cost. I might have to order one of these from the UK, so I need help with the selection.

-Which should I go for 444 or 210? I cant demo them.
    -Where should I order it from, bearing in mind its going to be difficult to send it back if there is something wrong, I need to deal with somebody reputable. Also its needs to be Multi region. What about www.multiregionmagic.co.uk ?
    -What should I use to connect DVD to TV (RGB Scart)? Will this help\hinder the TV's Dolby Digital output?

Thanks a mill,

Bill