Pioneer 444 sound problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by malcom, May 10, 2002.

1. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a new Pioneer 444 DVD player. Although I normally use "S" video connections today I tried playing a disc with a scart connection going from the Pioneer 444 to a scart of my Toshiba TV and finished up with only getting sound from one speaker.

I have tried an alternative scart cable with no luck! I have searched through the Pioneer menu settings to see if there was a problem there. can't find one!

Should the pioneer play stereo via scart connections?
    I have no problem when using "S" video and the phono plugs to the TV. Could there be a problem with the Pioneer unit!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Are you using a fullywired scart or not?
    My Tv is only mono so I use my amp to provide the sound, but my 444 is fine, The scart has a habit of working loose though try taking it out and re connecting.;)

3. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi hornydragon

Yes. The scart cable seems ok as I have tried it on my DVD recorder and it works fine. The set up consists of 4 speakers plus the TV speaker. Normally I would here sound from right,centre and left but only the left speaker is working when the scart is connected from the Pioneer to one of the TV scarts. I have tried all three scarts on the TV and the result is the same. Malcom

4. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I too would have said that the scart may not be all the way in, but you have stated that you tried another scart , so maybe not.

Quite simply try it on another tv - the 444 is so slim and portable just take it to a friends/family house and see.

There now you have the answer