1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 444 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shaunthedude, Mar 12, 2002.

1. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a 444 multi region player. when i watch reg 1 discs 3 white marks appear at the top of the screen. I tried a different player and it worked fine on my tv so it has got to be the player. I tried it on another tv and the marks also appeared but in different places. any ideas????

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Have you tried the various connections S-Video, RGB etc??

If it does it on all then you´ll need to get the player looked at.

3. sirees01

sirees01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the pioneer 444 have component out ?

4. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    What player did you try that didn`t have the "fault"? It might have been setup for PAL60 for NTSC discs. A lot of rear projectors (the Pana included) often have a less then perfect factory set engineer modes for NTSC convergance. As you have this problem only with NTSC discs, it points the finger to your TV, NOT the dvd player!

Are you connected via RGB, S-Video or composite? have you reset the Tvs convergance on NTSC to try to solve this, and finally, what mode have you got the Pioneer Dv444 set to, as you can output PAL60 for NTSC discs, which would most likely solve the problem.

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have tried my player on 3 different tvs and it shows the same fault. My girlfriend has just bought the same player and she is getting the same fault on reg 1 discs. It does this with the dvd player set to video. In RGB i get some slight interference at the top of the screen. I have just tried s video and it seems to be perfect. I think it is a problem with the software used for the reg 1 upgrade. the other dvd plyer in the house plays fine but this hasd a different software upgrade for reg 1!!!

6. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    It might be an idea to tell people where you bought it from so they are more carefull.

I purchsaed mine modified from AV land - no probs.

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    No problems with my modified(HCH) Pioneer 444 player either both on a Sony RPTV and Panasonic 28" CRT.