pioneer 440hx questions?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dts_boy, Aug 8, 2006.

1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    i've just got a pioneer 440hx recorder today and set it up earlier on. as i have ntl i thought the programme guide feature would be a great step up in recording use until ntl finally do some kind of sky+ box. anyway, once it had finally setup (it took 1million attempts to find the right ir codes but got there in the end) it now tells me it will wait a day before it gets any kind of guide. im a little nervouse afer spending so much it is going to - anyone out there with a similar setup (wanting to control a samsung ntl box) been in my position and can confrim it will work?
    if it doesn't it is guaranteed to get me into heaps of trouble with the missus as i already had a dvd recorder which sits there gathering dust:rolleyes:

2. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    dts_boy,
    It is quite usual to have a one to two days wait for all the EPG to load. Frustrating I know, just make sure you have the host channel set correctly, ITV terrestial is best if you have it.
    When it is all loaded you might want to change most of the channels manually as it seems to give priority to Freeview and you may prefer NTL.

Regards
    knotpc

3. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    thanks for the reply. got home from work today and tried it and it all works great! not the easiest guide to understand but better than having to move to sky!