1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 436XDE with Extended warranty

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by brum1969, Oct 24, 2005.

1. brum1969

brum1969
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After trawling through many websites, it seems like the only people offering a Pioneer 436XDE with a free extended warranty are LE Concepts. The asking prie is £2699.99 with side speakers and their own slimline wall bracket. They can not give a delivery date but they say that it will arrive before xmas - GREAT :thumbsdow

They claim that the warranty is the Pioneer onsite warranty for 3 years, but i'm a bit skepical as no-one else seems to have the same offer.

John Lewis in Birmingham dont stock the XDE but they can order it. They offer a 5 year warranty but can't give me a total price.

What does everyone think?

Is there a better deal out there with an extended warranty? I can get the package locally from a Pioneer "The Works" dealer, for £2700 without the extended warranty - should I go for that instead?

Regards
    Brum1969

2. cheechy

cheechy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sorry this is not an answer - I'd just like to add that I'm looking to find a suitable retailer although I can wait until Christmas (I've been told I can wait until Christmas......).

3. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    John Lewis price is £2795 but this does not include speakers or stand,they will pricematch if you can find a matching deal.Their 5yr waranty seems pretty solid and I reckon you have more chance getting problems sorted than maybe with other suppliers.

4. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    LeConcepts are a Pioneer 'the works ' dealer too, so dont worry about that, the pioneer warrenty should be a decent one, mine should be coming this week.