Pioneer 436XDE volume control...

mr_b_at_home

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I have just set up my plasma today and am using the optical out from the media receiver to my home cinema receiver for audio. Am I right in assuming that this output is a fixed level and is unaffected by changing the volume on the plasma.

This seems to be the case but I wondered if there was a setting somewhere that would allow you to control the volume by the screen if you know what I mean :confused:

Any info appreciated

Cheers

Craig.

i would have thought you would need to change the volume on the home cinema reciever or get a programmable remote?

What are your thoughts on the screen? Happy? Any chance of a picture of your setup? :)

Yes, very happy with it so far. My first plasma screen so I'm no expert when it comes to the techie side of it. The digital TV was fine and I connected up my xbox (which was set to 720p output) and watched a bit of Shrek. Picture was fantastic :thumbsup:

I'll post up a picture of it at some point (I'm in a new house with no internet as yet :rolleyes: ) so using my work access at the moment.

On the subject of the volume...I've got a pronto which I'll program up but I was curious if the 'optical' volume out of the media box could be varied. There is analogue outputs so may try them just to see.

Cheers

I'm no expert either. How do you mean you have your Xbox set to 720p Output? Apologies if this is a silly question.

My Xbox is modified which allows me to change the output to NTSC. When you connect the high def kit to the video output you can then select what kind of output you want in the microsoft dashboard video settings. It gives you a choice of 480 or 720P or 1080i (i think).

There are a few games on the xbox that utilise this and they look cracking :thumbsup:

I'm not entirely sure if it upscales a DVD...just off to google that very thing however it did look excellent :eek:

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

Yeah I understand, thanks for the info. I've bought a HDMI DVD player to go with my 506XDE. I hope it looks as good as people say. (I haven't got the tv as yet) :rolleyes:

What DVD player did you go for as I'm keen to get one to see the difference with an HDMI signal ?

It is an LG dvx9900h. It costs £100 but they chucked it in free with the tv (although I did buy a £90 monster HDMI cable though). I'm no expert with DVD players but I saw it upscaled to 720p and 1080i so I thought it must be ok.

Good stuff. Just read up on the DVD playing side for Xbox and if you play it through XBMC you can upscale to 720P :clap:

Is the quality that much better when it upscales to 720p?

does anyone know if it's possible to control the line out on a 436/506 via the Pio control, I'm trying to get it so that will control the volume on my Denon amp but I think it's a but of a long shot?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom