• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer 436xde...swap or keep?

I have just been advised I will be getting another replacement 436xde due to the problems I have had with my original screen (first had 2 lit pixels and serious image retention problems - second had some strange intereference!)

So to my third panel.
Its to be completely new (new media box also)...the question is...

As it was the very last run of 436xdes' June 2006 build...will this one not suffer from retention? If it does would I be worth trying to swap for a different make? If the retailer wont or cant swap what is a brand new (second hand) 436xde worth these days?

PHD9 how much are they and how does the picture compare to the pio?

Anyone have a decent price on a panasonic phd9? may consider swapping to one of these..

marklintonarnol

Established Member
Baldybouncer, i just dont know why you are even bothering with Pioneer just get your money back and get a Panasonic TH42PHD9 end of the crap image retention problems. I have ordered one but its the 50inch and i should be getting it the 3rd week of August from [email protected]

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
another vote for the PHD8/9, or if you can up the budget a tad you can get a Fujitsu 58 Series, better looking than the pioneer, better picture than the PHD8.

try and get a demo, you will not be dissapointed, trust me :thumbsup:

i am seriously looking into a phd9 or fujitsu aslong as i can sell or return my pioneer to the retailer...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom