Pioneer 436XDE Question

AFSTER

Prominent Member
Reaction score
1 - Can u get these speaker in silver like the old model or they come just in black

2 - What is a good wall mount to get for one of these

3 - What brand HDMI cable would i need to connect it to the media box. Does one come to plug from tv into the media box or do i need to buy one

QED QUNEX HDMI thats what i was looking at.

4 - My dvd player has fiber optic out, so can plug that into the media box or do i have to use scart

Cheers

1 - I believe you can choose either colour
2 - I got the one from AV-Sales, it's tiltable. Mine is a 435 but I think the fittings are the same.
3 - You get all the cables you need to connect the media box to the screen.
4 - Only digital input is HDMI on the media box (I think!).

Dave.

yeh the optical out on the back is for the sound coming out of the tuner box , as for a HDMI cable i will recommend chord co HDMI £80 or van den hull HDMI £50

So if the optical on the medai box is for sound out, can i plug that into my sony dvd player and use the surround system on that?

so i dont actually have to buy now cables that go from the tv to media box, like better one or anything?

AFSTER said:
So if the optical on the medai box is for sound out, can i plug that into my sony dvd player and use the surround system on that?

so i dont actually have to buy now cables that go from the tv to media box, like better one or anything?

no because they are both optical outs , you can however plug them both into your av amp.

you dont need to buy new cables from screen to tuner box no, but they do sell better ones, so you can upgrade those if you want. i have got the wireworld upgrade kit for pioneer plasmas and i am very happy with it

on the video 1 section on the back it looks as if you audio ins L + R you can get a pair of phono cables from the audio outs on the tuner box to audio ins on the back of the sony

not 100% sure but it looks as if you have an optical in on the back of the sony , if it is then yes you can use that

Just had a look at the back the first left it says in and the is out

so i just get an optical cable and plug it from the media box "output" on the "in" optical on the player

if so what brand is good?

yep thats right mate, i have a chord co optichord £40 that i use for my sky+

If i did that does that mean the sound is used for the optical or do i still need scart cable to into the media box and dvd player

because if its only the sound then is there actually any need to get the side speakers on the tv

also PDK-WM02 is that worth getting or do i just get a nomal one

whats a suitable alternative?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom