Pioneer 436xde media box and heat

P

peterbob

Hi all,

This is my first post so please be gentle....

I'm expecting delivery of my first plasma tv on Monday and I just have a quick question about the media box. I was just wondering how much heat the media box generates and how much space there should be between various bits of gear. I know my Telewest box doesn't like being on the same shelf as any other AV kit as it overheats and goes slightly bonkers, especially in the summer. As the media box will be another item to find space for I'm going to have to do some creative doubling up on the shelves. I was currently thinking about putting my VCR on the bottom of the shelf and putting the mediabox directly on top. Would anyone think this would cause too many problems?

Peterbob

SYNCHRO_MAN

Standard Member
peterbob said:
Hi all,

This is my first post so please be gentle....

I'm expecting delivery of my first plasma tv on Monday and I just have a quick question about the media box. I was just wondering how much heat the media box generates and how much space there should be between various bits of gear. I know my Telewest box doesn't like being on the same shelf as any other AV kit as it overheats and goes slightly bonkers, especially in the summer. As the media box will be another item to find space for I'm going to have to do some creative doubling up on the shelves. I was currently thinking about putting my VCR on the bottom of the shelf and putting the mediabox directly on top. Would anyone think this would cause too many problems?

Peterbob
Hi Peterbob

the media box with the 436xde has a cooling fan and has air vents to the one side of the unit r/h when looking at it from the front.I have my media unit on top of my glass table as it looks pretty nice there. I don`t think there would be too much of a problem sitting it on top of your vcr as long as it does not generate to much heat as i said above the heat sinks are to on side of the box.It does seem to run quite cool though.

P

peterbob

Thanks SYNCHRO_MAN, it is much appreciated. I received the pioneer 436 just over a week ago and I'm thrilled, if still a little wary or image retention/burn. I've placed the media box on top of the VCR and so far everything seems ok. I must admit that the VCR is rarely switched on anymore so I doubt it will cause any problems.

Thanks

Peterbob

SYNCHRO_MAN

Standard Member
peterbob said:
Thanks SYNCHRO_MAN, it is much appreciated. I received the pioneer 436 just over a week ago and I'm thrilled, if still a little wary or image retention/burn. I've placed the media box on top of the VCR and so far everything seems ok. I must admit that the VCR is rarely switched on anymore so I doubt it will cause any problems.

Thanks

Peterbob
i`ve had my 436 about 3mths now,no image retention/burn.Just keep the contrast low (22) and brightness (-8)color(-8)sharpness(-2).Picture just a tad dark but uf you can put up with it for a while it will be worth it IMO.Remember to set to user mode so it keeps ur settings.Hope this helps.
:thumbsup: :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom